Stand Up Paddling, with or without a dog, is becoming increasingly popular as a recreational sport and outdoor experience! Stand Up Paddeling trains the
whole body, especially the balance and the deep-seated leg muscles - in humans and dogs. At the same time, you can actively spend your free time with your dog in nature
and enjoy the surroundings from a completely new angle from the water.
When SUP the dog needs to concentrate and coordinate well. The muscles are built gently, which also represents a good prevention against injuries. To SUP with dog also includes a good deal of trust - on both sides. Insecure dogs can gain self-confidence in the SUP, but hectic, restless dogs can learn to slow down a bit. All in all, humans and dogs can benefit from SUP with dogs in terms of everyday life.
Contents of the workshop are for example
- SUP Boards & their properties
- SUP with dog: construction and training, safety
- You should have safe swimming skills
- Dogs should be socially acceptable or be well manageable by their human even in the presence of other dogs (if necessary, a muzzle can be brought along for protection)
- The course also takes place at temperatures around 20 degrees, i. You should also go into the water at 18-20 degrees Celsius (much more comfortable for the dogs).
- of majority age (or accompanied by an adult supervisor)
Bring with you
- Clothing & clothes that may get wet / Swimwear: Well suited is sportswear, as it dries faster, such as cotton.
- Treats: The best ones that the dog can swallow in one and does not have to chew long.
- Drinks for you and water / a water bowl for your dog
- Neoprene shoes / water shoes (eg well-fitting clogs or old sneakers)
- life jacket for the dog (can be ordered also directly over PudelsKern, please indicate if necessary with the registration, then I sit down therefore with you in connection)
- life jacket for you
The first part of the workshop (about 2 hours) takes place without a dog, because you make yourself familiar with the SUP board during this time and learn to paddle properly etc. So your dog should either be able to wait alone at the car or you bring someone else with who can take care of him at this time.
duration: about 4 hours
time of day: Depending on the weather, the workshop will start at 10:00, possibly even earlier / later. Please register only if you are flexible on the day of the event!
costs: 119,00 Euro* per human-dog team
* All prices incl. VAT.
Included: workshop as described, rental fee for SUP board and paddle
Personal contribution: own arrival and departure, accommodation, meals
place: 6660 Born or nearby
* sold out* sunday, 07.07.2019
Unfortunately, bitches on heat can not participate.
The meeting point will be communicated to you approximately 1-3 days before the event (in writing by e-mail).
Registration is possible via our registration form!